Wednesday, May 2, 2012

MYO Home Made Laundry Products

Ok, So Ive got my never fail small batches of home made laundry soap. But there are those of you out there who have been holding back because they don't have or want to sit and grate soap bars for a half hour (you know who you are). So here to throw before you is an offering of something even simpler. Granted if you are looking for a sulfate free version this probably won't work for you, but It might be the tightwads saving grace for those who happen to be lazy energetically and/or motivationally challenged. This woman is a genius.

Also I have to admit that I am terribly lazy motivationally challenged when it comes to stain removal on childrens' clothes. I mean really why bother removing the stains out of play clothes to have them muddied, hand wiped, dripped and otherwise icked on at the very next wearing? Don't get me wrong, I take care of the nice clothes, and I teach my children to eat over their plates and use napkins. I am not one of the moms that put down drop cloths for the babies to encourage throwing food (babies can be taught to eat neatly too! Ive proven it with 5 of them!). But for me stain removal is about as abhorrent as making ice cubes. (yes really I hate making ice!) So when I saw a link on face book to this womans' blog I really reconsidered my challenges.

Submitted for your approval are three recipes from a site called One Good Thing by Jillee.

Home Made Laundry Detergent (superfast for those who don't do grate!)

Home Made 'Shout' Stain Remover (will be trying this one this week)

and Home Made 'Oxi-Clean' (not something I use much, but hey I have the ingredients so we'll try)

If you try them before I can report back- speak up and tell us how they work!

--Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment