Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Home Made Toffee Butter Crunch Recipe

Im not usually a big candy maker, but I do make my own toffee when it comes to making a desert called Murder In Montana. I got the recipe from the Dinnerbell Bakery Cookbook from up in the Mission mountain range at the Amish resturant - The Dinnerbell Bakery. Instead of spending big bucks for the SKOR bars it calls for, I make my own recipe. 


Toffee Butter Crunch

1 cup butter ( I've taken a shine to 1/2 margerine, 1/2 real butter)
1 cup sugar 
3 T water
1 T corn syrup (or corn syrup substitute)

      In a heavy pan over medium heat boil all ingredients stirring frequently till thermometer reaches 290. Pour into a buttered 13 X 9 pan. Add chocolate chips if desired when surface is firm. When melted spread evenly. When completely cool breake into small pieces and store in airtight container.
      And yes, Im going to make you wait for the Murder In Montana recipe- trust me its a killer! :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment